Every day I get an email about broken dependencies for the group-based policy Heat plugin in Fedora (openstack-heat-gbp), because the version of Heat it depends on is capped. Two points:

1) Would whoever maintains that package (Bob?) please fix it :)

2) Why was this plugin not submitted to /contrib in the Heat repo so that it could be continuously tested & maintained against the Heat code base, thus avoiding any compatibility problems with future versions? This is the entire reason we have /contrib. In fact, if you think the resources are in close to their final form (i.e. the API is not super experimental still), I think we may even be willing to accept them into the main tree at this point.

cheers,
Zane.