Hi All,
Something we discussed at the summit was to switch the focus of tripleo's deployment method to deploy using instack using images built with tripleo-puppet-elements. Up to now all the instack work has been done downstream of tripleo as part of rdo. Having parts of our deployment story outside of upstream gives us problems mainly because it becomes very difficult to CI what we expect deployers to use while we're developing the upstream parts.

Essentially what I'm talking about here is pulling instack-undercloud upstream along with a few of its dependency projects (instack, tripleo-common, tuskar-ui-extras etc..) into tripleo and using them in our CI in place of devtest.

Getting our CI working with instack is close to working but has taken longer then I expected because of various complications and distractions but I hope to have something over the next few days that we can use to replace devtest in CI, in a lot of ways this will start out by taking a step backwards but we should finish up in a better place where we will be developing (and running CI on) what we expect deployers to use.

Once I have something that works I think it makes sense to drop the jobs undercloud-precise-nonha and overcloud-precise-nonha, while switching overcloud-f21-nonha to use instack, this has a few effects that need to be called out

1. We will no longer be running CI on (and as a result not supporting) most of the the bash based elements 2. We will no longer be running CI on (and as a result not supporting) ubuntu

Should anybody come along in the future interested in either of these things (and prepared to put the time in) we can pick them back up again. In fact the move to puppet element based images should mean we can more easily add in extra distros in the future.

3. While we find our feet we should remove all tripleo-ci jobs from non tripleo projects, once we're confident with it we can explore adding our jobs back into other projects again

Nothing has changed yet, I order to check we're all on the same page this is high level details of how I see things should proceed so shout now if I got anything wrong or you disagree.

Sorry for not sending this out sooner for those of you who weren't at the summit,
Derek.