On 7/29/2015 8:39 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
On 07/29/2015 09:29 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

On 7/29/2015 8:17 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
stable/kilo and grenade (master) jobs are going to be blocked for some
projects until the kilo 2015.1.2 version changes are merged:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I180de9d4f1f4ae385682ce40a3a695eb3acc4c43,n,z

So avoid rechecks for grenade failures until these are merged (at least
nova and ironic at this point).

The error is like this during devstack setup:

ValueError: git history requires a target version of
pbr.version.SemanticVersion(2015.1.2), but target version is
pbr.version.SemanticVersion(2015.1.1)

http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJtZXNzYWdlOlwiVmFsdWVFcnJvcjogZ2l0IGhpc3RvcnkgcmVxdWlyZXMgYSB0YXJnZXQgdmVyc2lvbiBvZiBwYnIudmVyc2lvbi5TZW1hbnRpY1ZlcnNpb24oMjAxNS4xLjIpLCBidXQgdGFyZ2V0IHZlcnNpb24gaXMgcGJyLnZlcnNpb24uU2VtYW50aWNWZXJzaW9uKDIwMTUuMS4xKVwiIEFORCB0YWdzOlwiY29uc29sZVwiIiwiZmllbGRzIjpbXSwib2Zmc2V0IjowLCJ0aW1lZnJhbWUiOiI2MDQ4MDAiLCJncmFwaG1vZGUiOiJjb3VudCIsInRpbWUiOnsidXNlcl9pbnRlcnZhbCI6MH0sInN0YW1wIjoxNDM4MTc1NTc3NzIwfQ==

Trove is blocked on stable/kilo due to this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1479358

So, after every release a giant amount of patches all have to land lock
step or everything is broken?

That seems pretty fragile. Can we revisit whatever decision caused this
issue?

        -Sean

pbr 0.11 started enforcing that the version in the package is incremented beyond the latest release tag, so yeah, once we tagged and released 2015.1.1 pbr pukes until we land the change that updates the version to 2015.1.2 in setup.cfg.

Matt Riedemann