Thanks Jay/Kennan/Adrian for chiming in!

From this, I conclude that we have enough consensus to have 'magnum service-list' and 'magnum coe-service-list' segregated. I will capture extract of this discussion at the blueprint and start implementation of the same.

Kennan,
I would request you to submit a different bp/bug to address the staleness of the state of pod/rc.

Regards,
SURO
irc//freenode: suro-patz

On 8/3/15 5:33 PM, Kai Qiang Wu wrote:

Hi Suro and Jay,

I checked discussion below, and I do believe we also need service-list(for just magnum-api and magnum-conductor), but not so emergent requirement.

I also think service-list should not bind to k8s or swarm etc. (can use coe-service etc.)

But I have more for below:

1) For k8s or swarm or mesos, I think magnum can expose through the coe-service-list. But if right now, we fetched status from DB for pods/rcs status, It seems not proper to do that, as DB has old data. We need to fetch that through k8s/swarm API endpoints.

2) It can also expose that through k8s/swarm/mesos client tools. If users like that.

Thanks

Best Wishes,
Kai Qiang Wu (吴开强  Kennan)
IBM China System and Technology Lab, Beijing

E-mail: wk...@cn.ibm.com
Tel: 86-10-82451647
Address: Building 28(Ring Building), ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing P.R.China 100193
Follow your heart. You are miracle!

Inactive hide details for Jay Lau ---08/04/2015 05:51:33 AM---Hi Suro, Yes, I did not see a strong reason for adding "service-lJay Lau ---08/04/2015 05:51:33 AM---Hi Suro, Yes, I did not see a strong reason for adding "service-list" to show all of