From: SURO [mailto:suro.p...@gmail.com]
Sent: July-29-15 4:03 PM
To: Jay Lau
questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [magnum][blueprint] magnum-service-list

Hi Jay,

'service'/'pod'/'rc' are conceptual abstraction at magnum level. Yes, the
abstraction was inspired from the same in kubernetes, but the data stored in DB
about a 'service' is properly abstracted and not k8s-specific at the top level.

If we plan to change this to 'k8s-service-list', the same applies for even
creation and other actions. This will give rise to COE-specific command and
concepts and which may proliferate further. Instead, we can abstract swarm's
service concept under the umbrella of magnum's 'service' concept without
creating k8s-service and swarm-service.

I suggest we should keep the concept/abstraction at Magnum level, as it is.

Regards,

SURO

irc//freenode: suro-patz