On 9/17/2015 1:43 PM, Sylvain Bauza wrote:

Le 17/09/2015 19:26, Kevin Benton a écrit :

Maybe it would be a good idea to switch to 23:59 AOE deadlines like
many paper submissions use for academic conferences. That way there is
never a need to convert TZs, you just get it in by the end of the day
in your own time zone.

IMHO, the current process leaves enough time for proposing a candidacy,
given that it's first advertised by beginning of the cycle on the main
Release schedule wiki page (eg. for Liberty [1]) and then officially
announced 8 days before the deadline. We also know that PTL elections
come around 6 weeks before the Summit every cycle. One last official
annoucement is made 1 day before the deadline.

Trying to target the very last moment for providing a candidacy just
seems risky to me in that condition and we should really propose to the
candidates to not wait for the last minute and propose far eariler.

Heh, yeah, +1. If running for PTL is something you had in mind to begin with, you should probably be looking forward to when the elections start and get your ducks in a row. Part of being PTL, a large part I'd think, is the ability to organize and manage things. If you're waiting until the 11th hour to do this, I wouldn't have much sympathy.

-Sylvain

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?title=Liberty_Release_Schedule&oldid=78501

On Sep 17, 2015 9:18 AM, "Edgar Magana" <edgar.mag...@workday.com