On 18/09/15 12:22 +0000, Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
On 09/17/2015 09:15 PM, Nikhil Komawar wrote:

I like to solve problems and seems like this is a common problem in many
conferences, seminars, etc. The usual way of solving this issue is to
have a grace period with last minute extension to deadline for
proposals, possibly for a unknown period of time and unannounced.

I'm strongly against this extra rules. OpenStack Officials Elections are
ran by volunteers and any rules that adds complexity should be avoided.

+1

Also, the schedule is announced 6 months in advance. The candidacy
period is announced when it starts and a reminder is sent a couple of
days before it ends.

This is not to say that ppl is not subject to other, not expected,
inconvenienes but I don't think extending the period or bending the
process is the right solution here.

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco