On 10/22/2015 05:42 PM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
Tang Chen <tangc...@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote on 10/21/2015 10:22:15 AM:

From: Tang Chen <tangc...@cn.fujitsu.com>
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
Date: 10/21/2015 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Nova] Migration state machine proposal.

Hi,

Please help to take a look at this problem. I was trying to raise it in
the spec discussion.
But since we don't need a spec on this problem, so I want to discuss it
here.
It is about what the new state machine will be.

http://paste.openstack.org/show/476954/

Thanks.

I'd like to make you aware of bp "split-different-live-migration-types":
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225910/
It intends to split those 3 types you are talking about. This could have
some overlap to your work.

Hi Markus ,

Thank you for the info. Will look at it in detail.

And BTW, the direction came to this:

1. Keep the Migration.status field as it is now. This is because these statuses
    have been exposed through APIs. Just use Enum to ensure the values are
valid. And introduce a state machine for it. This is just a small improvement.

2. The real improvement is here, will be in another BP. Introduce a new
Migration.state field, and a new state machine to fix the problems in the
    current implementation, I mean remove redundant statuses, and make
    the state machine more reasonable.

Thanks.

Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)