I want to fix a thing in oslo.messaging but to my surprise I can't run pep8. This is because python-qpid-proton tries to install qpid-proton and it can't get that because the apache site where it's hosted is down. [1]

The apache site for qpid has actually been down a lot lately, I coincidentally know that because of trying to access QPID security issues for backports to things like Grizzly - yay for me!

Anyway, depending on a 3rd party repo like this to get packages just to run pep8/unit tests in oslo.messaging is the suck. Can we make this optional? Isn't the qpid stuff in tree deprecated anyway?

[1] http://paste.openstack.org/show/479460/

Matt Riedemann