From: Sean M. Collins [mailto:s...@coreitpro.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:42 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][upgrade] Grenade multinode partial
upgrade

The first run for the multinode grenade job completed.

http://logs.openstack.org/35/187235/11/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/011124b/logs/

I'm still getting my bearings in the grenade log output, but if I understand it
correctly, after upgrading Neutron, when spawning a new instance we do not get
successful connectivity. The odd part is we see the failure twice. Once when
upgrading Nova[1], then once when upgrading Cinder[2]. I would have thought
Grenade would have exited after just failing the first time. It did do a call
to worlddump.

The odd part is that the first failure is a little strange - it pings then
sleeps until it successfully gets a packet back. Which it does - but then it
does a call to worlddump. Odd?

Anyway, then it goes on to upgrade cinder, then tries to create an instance and
ssh in, then it fails and grenade exits completely.

I'll continue digging through the logs to see exactly why we don't get
connectivity. I see some interesting warnings in the L3 agent log about
cleaning up a non-existent router[3], which may be the culprit.

[1]:
http://logs.openstack.org/35/187235/11/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/011124b/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2015-11-23_20_34_06_742

[2]:
http://logs.openstack.org/35/187235/11/experimental/gate-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode/011124b/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2015-11-23_21_45_15_133