On Feb 16, 2016, at 1:30 PM, Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com> wrote:

> So I think the project team is doing everything we've asked.  We
> changed our policies around new projects to emphasize the social
> aspects of projects, and community interactions. Telling a bunch
> of folks that they "are not OpenStack" even though they follow those
> policies is rather distressing.  I think we should be looking for
> ways to say "yes" to new projects, rather than "no."

So if some group creates a 100% open project, and follows all of the Opens, at
what point do we consider relevance to OpenStack itself? How about a 100% open
text editor? Can we add that, since after all OpenStack code is written with
text editors.

CDNs are not part of OpenStack, even if some parts of some projects may use one
from time to time. A common interface to CDNs seems to address a problem that
is not really part of what OpenStack does.

It's great to want to include people, but I think that there is more to it than
just whether their practices mirror ours.

-- Ed Leafe