On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:41 AM, Steven Dake (stdake) <std...@cisco.com>
wrote:

> On 3/7/16, 10:16 AM, "Paul Bourke" <paul.bou...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> >This is a messy topic. I feel there's been some miscommunication and
> >confusion on the issue which hopefully I can sum up.
> >
> >As far as I remember it, Sam is correct, we did always plan to do
> >Liberty upgrades. However, over the course of time post Tokyo these
> >plans didn't really materialise, at which point Micheal kindly stepped
> >forward to kick things into action [0].
> >
> >Between now and then the focus shifted to "how do we get from Liberty to
> >Mitaka", and the original discussion of moving between minor Liberty
> >releases fell by the wayside. I think this is where the confusion has
> >arisen.
>
> This is accurate.  It wasn¹t a matter of not materializing, however, we
> were capacity constrained.  We will have upgrades working for Mitaka but
> it required a lot of everyone's time.

The initial work on upgrade took some time, but that doesn't mean it's not
an easy backport to Liberty. As far as I can tell it's perfectly isolated
code and can be backported without too much trouble.

I'd like to stick to what we agreed in Tokyo, I'm +1 on backporting upgrade
playbooks to 1.1.0.

Martin