On 03/15/2016 08:22 PM, Tony Breeds wrote:
> However, at the risk of sounding like a humorless automaton, we have a valid
> candidate.
>  * Monty Taylor for Packaging-Deb PTL https://review.openstack.org/#/c/292690/

This started as a joke. Please don't pick-up the joke, and make it a
serious proposal. This isn't funny anymore.

Obviously, Monty isn't interested (otherwise, he would have help with
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/264726/, which he didn't despite his
generous offer to do so in Tokyo but he had other priorities).

Also again, please have a look at the openstack-pkg-tools Git history here:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-pkg-tools.git/

There's at least 3 commits a week on this repository.

Now, compare this to the single commit to add a .gitreview file from Monty:
https://github.com/openstack/deb-openstack-pkg-tools/commits/debian/liberty

That's also a commit on the Liberty branch, and we've switched to
debian/mitaka a long time ago.

> Also by the rules I feel like we have no choice but to reject
>  * Adding Packaging-Deb/Thomas_Goirand.txt
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/292885/

I know we have established governance rules. They exist for a reason.
Though I hope everyone understand what happened after my explanation.

I believe what you wanted to write is:

"If we don't think first and follow the rules without even trying to
understand, we *WOULD* reject. But we are humans with brains, not
machines, therefore, it's ok"

Because *you do* have a choice, don't you?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)