El 17/03/16 a las 04:27, Assaf Muller escribió:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Jim Rollenhagen
> <j...@jimrollenhagen.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 06:20:11PM -0700, Ken'ichi Ohmichi wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have one proposal[1] related to negative tests in Tempest, and
>>> hoping opinions before doing that.
>>>
>>> Now Tempest contains negative tests and sometimes patches are being
>>> posted for adding more negative tests, but I'd like to propose
>>> removing them from Tempest instead.
>>>
>>> Negative tests verify surfaces of REST APIs for each component without
>>> any integrations between components. That doesn't seem integration
>>> tests which are scope of Tempest.
>>> In addition, we need to spend the test operating time on different
>>> component's gate if adding negative tests into Tempest. For example,
>>> we are operating negative tests of Keystone and more
>>> components on the gate of Nova. That is meaningless, so we need to
>>> avoid more negative tests into Tempest now.
>>>
>>> If wanting to add negative tests, it is a nice option to implement
>>> these tests on each component repo with Tempest plugin interface. We
>>> can avoid operating negative tests on different component gates and
>>> each component team can decide what negative tests are valuable on the
>>> gate.
>>>
>>> In long term, all negative tests will be migrated into each component
>>> repo with Tempest plugin interface. We will be able to operate
>>> valuable negative tests only on each gate.
>> So, positive tests in tempest, negative tests as a plugin.
>>
>> Is there any longer term goal to have all tests for all projects in a
>> plugin for that project? Seems odd to separate them.
> I'd love to see this idea explored further. What happens if Tempest
> ends up without tests, as a library for shared code as well as a
> centralized place to run tests from via plugins?
I think this should be further discussed as some tests, such as the
scenario ones, make use of several projects. So for scenario tests at
least I think that we should keep them inside the core tempest repo.
Besides that such change would also affect different projects, such as
Defcore/Refstack, where the plugin usage would make complex to keep a
list of non-tree tests.