On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Kairat Kushaev <kkush...@mirantis.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> Also curious about this. It seems weird to separate the 'positive' and
> the 'negative' ones, assuming those patches are mostly contributed by
> the same group of developers.
> </snip>
>
> Yeah, agree. This approach leads to situation when I need to look at two
> places to observe test coverage for each component.
> Also when I would like to add some tests I need to contribute to two places
> which is not convenient for reviewers for contributors IMO.

But currently also it is same situation where some negative tests are
in tempest and some are in project repo either as functional tests or
unit  [1].
Whenever we review new negative test patch, we have to check whether
that already exist in respective project or not if not then we can
consider it to add in tempest.

This could have valid if projects does not have any negative testing
in their tree and all reply on tempest tests for that.

Note- I am considering the surface level negative tests here, but yea
if that negative tests covers larger scope than just negative input
testing then, yes it should be in one place always.

[1]:
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/tests/unit/test_v3_identity.py