On 04/11/2016 08:38 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:

> There's a lot of assumption in oslo.log about Nova, such as talking
> about "instance" and "context" in a lot of the code by default. There's
> even a dependency on oslo.context. >.<
>
> That's being an issue for projects not being Nova, where we end up
> having configuration options talking about "instances" and with default
> values referring to that.
> I'm at least taking that as being a serious UX issue for telemetry
> projects.
>
> I'd love to sanitize that library a bit. So, is this an option, or would
> I be better off starting something new?

The nova team spent a lot of time in Mitaka starting to clean up the
config options that were scattered all over the codebase, and improve
the help text for each of them so that you didn't need to grep the
source code to find out what they did.

I could see a similar effort for oslo.log (and maybe other oslo
projects), and I would be happy to help out.

--

-- Ed Leafe