Victor Stinner wrote:
Le 13/04/2016 22:54, Julien Danjou a écrit :
There's a bunch of projects that have no intention of using
oslo.context, so depending and referring to it by default is something
I'd love to fade away.

It looks like Oslo has an identity crisis :-)

Well not entirely IMHO. I think oslo should obviously be easy to use inside openstack and as well outside, with preference to inside openstack (especially for libraries that start with 'oslo.*'). When we can make it more useable outside openstack (and without hurting the mission of openstack being the primary target for 'oslo.*' libraries) then obviously we should try to do our best to...

Will all the oslo.* libraries as they exist be forever perfect at a given point in time, no. We can always do better, which is where the community comes in :)

Basically the question looks like: should we make Oslo easier to use
outside "OpenStack"? If I summarized correctly the question, my answer
is YES!

Victor