Adrian Otto wrote:
This pursuit is a trap. Magnum should focus on making native container APIs
available. We should not wrap APIs with leaky abstractions. The lowest common
denominator of all COEs is an remarkably low value API that adds considerable
complexity to Magnum that will not strategically advance OpenStack. If we
instead focus our effort on making the COEs work better on OpenStack, that
would be a winning strategy. Support and compliment our various COE ecosystems.

I'm with Adrian on that one. I've attended a lot of container-oriented conferences over the past year and my main takeaway is that this new crowd of potential users is not interested (at all) in an OpenStack-specific lowest common denominator API for COEs. They want to take advantage of the cool features in Kubernetes API or the versatility of Mesos. They want to avoid caring about the infrastructure provider bit (and not deploy Mesos or Kubernetes themselves).

Let's focus on the infrastructure provider bit -- that is what we do and what the ecosystem wants us to provide.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)