Hey everyone-

So, HPE is seeking sponsors to continue the core party. The reasons are
varied - internal sponsors have moved to other projects, the Big Tent has
drastically increased the # of cores, and the upcoming summit format change
creates quite a bit of uncertainty on everything surrounding the summit.

Furthermore, the existence of the Core party has been... contentious. Some
believe it's exclusionary, others think it's inappropriate, yet others
think it's a good way to thank those of use who agree to be constantly
pestered for code reviews.

I'm writing this message for two reasons - mostly, to kick off a discussion
on whether the party is worthwhile. Secondly, to signal to other
organizations that this promotional opportunity is available.

Personally, I appreciate being thanked for my work. I do not necessarily
need to be thanked in this fashion, however as the past venues have been
far more subdued than the Tuesday night events (think cocktail party), it's
a welcome mid-week respite for this overwhelmed little introvert. I don't
want to see it go, but I will understand if it does.

Some numbers, for those who like them (Thanks to Mark Atwood for providing
them):

Total repos: 1010
Total approvers: 1085
Repos for official teams: 566