Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
I think it's inappropriate because it gives a wrong incentive to become
a core reviewer. Core reviewing should just be a duty you sign up to,
not necessarily a way to get into a cool party. It was also a bit
exclusive of other types of contributions.

Apparently in Austin the group was reduced to only release:managed
repositories. This tag is to describe which repositories the release
team is comfortable handling. I think it's inappropriate to reuse it to
single out a subgroup of cool folks, and if that became a tradition the
release team would face pressure from repositories to get the tag that
are totally unrelated to what the tag describes.

Small precision, since I realize after posting this might be taken the wrong way:

Don't get me wrong, HPE is of course free to invite whoever they want to their party :) But since you asked for opinions, my personal wish if it continues would be that it is renamed "the HPE VIP party" rather than partially tie it to specific rights or tags we happen to use upstream.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)