Hi all,

During this cycle, on behalf of OSIC, I'll be working on implementing proper
oslo.policy support for Ironic. The reasons this is needed probably don't need
to be explained here, so I won't :).

I have two requests for the list regarding this though:

1) Is there a general guideline to follow when designing policy roles? There
appears to have been some discussion around this already here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245629/, but it hasn't moved in over a month.
I want Ironic's implementation of policy to be as 'standard' as possible; but
I've had trouble finding any kind of standard.

2) A general call for contributors to help make this happen in Ironic. I want,
in the next week, to finish up the research and start on a spec. Anyone willing
to help with the design or implementation let me know here or in IRC so we can
work together.

Thanks in advance,

Jay Faulkner

P.S. Yes, I am aware of
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/oslo-specs/specs/newton/policy-in-code.html
 and will ensure whatever Ironic does follows this specification.