On 07/31/2016 06:27 AM, huangdenghui wrote:
Hi
   Now we have spec named subnet service types, which provides a capability of
allowing different port of a network to allocate ip address from different
subnet. In current implementation of DVR, fip also is distributed on every
compute node, floating ip and fg's ip are both allocated from external network's
subnets. In large public cloud deployment, current implementation will consume
lots of public ip address. Do we need a RFE to apply subnet service types spec
to resolve this problem. Any thoughts?

Hi,

This is going to be covered in the existing RFE for subnet service types [1]. We currently have two reviews in progress for CRUD [2] and CLI [3], the IPAM changes are next.

-Brian

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/300207/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/337851/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/342976/