Writing a sensible test for this api is rather tricky, since it is intended
to clean up one very specific error condition, and has few guarantees about
the state it leaves the system in. It is provided as a tool to allow the
system administrator to clean up certain faults and situations without
needing to manually effort the database, however the conditions under which
it is safe to use, and the cleanup actions that are required after calling
it, vary between backends.

The only test I can think of that is  probably safe across all backends is
to call reserve, create_export, reset then delete. (All directly against
the cinder endpoint with no Nova involvement).

There is a substantial danger in the thinking that this call is any sort of
generic fixup - it will happily leave volumes attached behind the scenes,
open to data corruption.