Excerpts from Gary Kotton's message of 2016-09-18 05:16:54 +0000:
> Hi,
> At the moment I am a little confused and need some help please:
>
> 1.       Will we be creating release candidates for Networking-l2gw,
> Networking-sfc and Tap-as-a-service. These projects have tons of deprecation
> warnings (dealt with by: https://review.openstack.org/368392,
> https://review.openstack.org/368398, https://review.openstack.org/368400,
> https://review.openstack.org/368403, https://review.openstack.org/369091,
> https://review.openstack.org/369087 etc.)

Those projects are all following the release:independent model, so the
release management team has not been tracking them as part of the Newton
release.

> 2.       Will we be cutting an official neutron-lib for the newton release
> (or at least know that version X is the one that is being released). The
> reason I ask this is that in Mitaka there was a period when we had a number
> of versions in flight. Plugins or libraries that used constants from
> neutron-lib 0.2.0 broke stable mitaka. More specifically stable/mitaka was
> released with 0.1.0.

neutron-lib 0.4.0 was the last release before the library freeze date
and we created the stable/newton branch from it[1].

The best way to know which version of any dependency is being treated as
"current" is to look at the openstack/requirements/upper-constraints.txt
file to see what version is listed.

Doug

[1] https://releases.openstack.org/newton/index.html#neutron-lib