Hello, as the Trio2o repository has been established, it's time for us to
discuss the freeze date and tagging(newton branch) for the last release of
Tricircle with gateway function.

The freeze date is the gate for patches to be merged before tagging(newton
branch). If a patch can't finish review process before the freeze date, and not
able to be merged in Tricircle, then it's suggested to be handled like this:

1. If it's networking automation related patch, continue the review process in
Tricircle after tagging(newton branch), will be merged in Tricircle trunk in
the future .

2. If it's gateway related patch, abandon the patch, re-submit the patch in
Trio2o.

3. If it's patch about pod management, for it's common feature, so continue the
review process in tricircle  after tagging(newton branch) , and submit a new
patch for this feature in Trio2o separately.

Exception request after freeze date, before tagging(newton branch): If there is
some patch must be merged before the tagging(newton branch), then need to send
the exception request in the mail-list for the patch, and approved by PTL.

That means we need to define a deadline for patches to be merged in Tricircle
before tagging(newton branch), and define the scope of patches wish to be
merged in Trcircle before splitting.

Your thoughts, proposal for the freeze date and patches to be merged?

(As the old thread containing both Trio2o and Tricircle in the subject, not
good to follow, so a new thread is started)

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang (joehuang)