Consider this a reversal of my vote for Debian deprecation.

Swapnil, thanks for bringing this fact to our attention.  It was missing from
the original vote.  I don’t know why I didn’t bring up Benedikt’s contributions
(which were substantial) just as Paul’s were substantial for Oracle Linux.  I
guess the project is too busy for me to keep all the context in my brain.  The
fact that there is no debian gate really is orthogonal to the discussion in my
mind.  With this action we would be turning away a contributor who has made
real contributions, and send the signal his work doesn’t matter or fit in with
the project plans.

This is totally the wrong message to send.  Further others might interpret such
an act as a “we don’t care about anyone’s contributions” which is not the
culture we have cultivated since origination of the project.  We have built a
culture of “you build it, we will accept it once it passes review”.  We want to
hold on to that – it’s a really good thing for Kolla.  There have been
rumblings in this thread and on irc of the expanding support matrix and our
(lack) of dealing with it appropriately.  I think there are other ways to solve
that problem without a policy hammer.

I added the fedora work originally along with others who have since moved on to
other projects.  I personally have been unsuccessful at maintaining it, because
of the change to DNF (And PTL is a 100% time commitment without a whole lot of
time for implementation work).  That said Fedora moves too fast for me
personally to commit to maintenance there – so my vote there remains unchanged.

Regards
-steve

On 9/20/16, 2:34 AM, "Paul Bourke" <paul.bou...@oracle.com> wrote:

    If it's the case Benedict or noone else is interested in continuing
    Debian, I can reverse my vote. Though it seems I'll be outvoted anyway ;)