After some investigation I've found the possible issue: the functional
tests run in parallel, some of them create and delete roles and others use
tokens to perform the creation/update/delete of other types of fixtures.
The problem is that when we delete a role, we also revoke *all* tokens from
a user that has any assignment containing that role - so? Race condition:
if we are executing a not related operation and another test deletes a
role, the user tokens will be revoked resulting in a request error.

The strange part is that reverting this commit [1], the tests seem to work
fine most of the times - what makes think that commit actually *fixes* a
big issue in our revoke events (since before it, we would not revoke such
types of tokens).

I can see a couple of options:
- Create brand new users and role_assignments to be responsible to handle
operations in the fixtures for each test
- Change the "framework" of the tests and rely on tempest plugins

What to think? Makes sense?

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Steve Martinelli <s.martine...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since September 14th the keystoneclient functional test job has been
> broken. Let's be mindful of infra resources and stop rechecking the patches
> there. Anyone have time to investigate this?
>
> See patches https://review.openstack.org/#/c/369469/ or
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/371324/

Rodrigo Duarte Sousa
Senior Quality Engineer @ Red Hat