On 09/21/2016 07:43 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
The s3 image configuration options were deprecated for removal in newton
[1].

Clint has a patch up to remove the boto dependency from nova [2] which
is only used in the nova.image.s3 module.

Rather than remove the boto dependency, I think we should just remove
this code. Is there any reason to not do that now that Ocata is open and
it's been over the requisite 3 month window of deprecation for CD shops?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314697/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/374433/

+1 for removal from me.