On 9/22/2016 8:01 AM, Andrey Pavlov wrote:
I've tried to do it some time ago - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/266425/
But I tried to remove more than s3_image
But there was no consensus...

Regards,
Andrey.

    <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314697/>
    <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/374433/>

    > I went ahead and updated this review to remove the code. This is
    > definitely cleaner, and users of it can certainly resurrect it out of
    > tree if they are in need of it.

    +1 on the drop, but we should make sure to pull the related code in the
    process. I left notes in the review for other things that can go.

    The one open question to me, we've got a dedicated db table for
    s3_images. Which, I have no idea when it was last used for anything.
    What kind of warning do we need to do on a full table drop? Do we need
    to handle the independently?

            -Sean

    --
    Sean Dague
    http://dague.net

Kind regards,
Andrey Pavlov.

Yeah I think we should do this incrementally so it doesn't get out of control in a single change. So let's start with nova/image/s3.py and the configuration options, then work on the DB and object layer in a follow up change.

Matt Riedemann