Hi,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 1:48 PM, James Slagle <james.sla...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Gabriele Cerami <gcer...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As reported on this bug
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1626483
> >
> > HA gate and periodic jobs for master and sometimes newton started to
> > fail for errors related to memory shortage. Memory on undercloud
> > instance was increased to 8G less than a month ago, so the problem
> > needs a different approach to be solved.
> >
> > We have some solutions in store. However, with the release date so
> > close, I don't think it's time for this kind of changes. So I thought
> > it could be a good compromise to temporarily increase the undercloud
> > instance memory to 12G, just for this week, unless there's a rapid way
> > to reduce memory footprint for heat-engine (usually the biggest memory
> > consumer on the undercloud instance)
> >
> > Any other ideas ?
>
> The OOM error in the bug is from overcloud-controller-0, not the
> undercloud. The overcloud nodes in OVB are still at 6GB. I think it
> would be reasonable to increase those to 8GB as well.
>
> I also noticed that there are 4 neutron-server processes despite
> having NeutronWorkers: 1 in
> https://github.com/openstack-infra/tripleo-ci/blob/master/
> test-environments/worker-config.yaml.
> If we can get that down to 1, looks like that might save around 270MB.
>
> It also looks like there are 2 nova-api workers despite having
> NovaWorkers: 1. Is that normal? Getting rid of one of them would save
> around another 140MB.
>
> --
> -- James Slagle
> --

​In the case of neutron and some of the other worker settings, we can try
using 0 instead of 1. ​

​This should prevent the spawning of a separate worker processes for
anything that is going on. IIRC, neutron server itself spawns separate API
and RPC workers.

​FWIW, I don't think '0' works for nova though. I think if you do that it
leaves it unset and it will use the service default.​

Cheers,

Brent