On 10/04/2016 11:53 AM, Hague, Darren wrote:
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016, Chris Dent wrote:
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016, Julien Danjou wrote:

Considering the split of Ceilometer in subprojects (Aodh and Panko)
during those last cycles, and the increasing usage of Gnocchi, I am
starting to wonder if it makes sense to maintain the legacy Ceilometer
API.

No surprise, as I've been saying this for a long time, but yeah, I think
the API and storage should be deprecated.

The data gathering (and to some extent transforming) parts are the only
parts of ceilometer that are particularly unique so it would be good
for those to be preserved.

That works for me - we removed the API and storage containers from our
Kubernetes deployment of Ceilometer some time ago.
We use the collector's HTTP Dispatcher to send events and metrics to our
billing database.

Cool. Are you going to share the code for your k8s deployment of Ceilometer?

Best,
-jay