On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Steve Martinelli
<s.martine...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Matt, Emilien,
>>
>> there's one more option, run jobs daily and add the output to the
>> openstack health dashboard.
>> example -
>> http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/g/build_name/periodic-ironic-py35-with-oslo-master
>

> But that only runs against what is merged on master right? I think Emilien
> wants to catch changes that break before they are merged.

Exactly.

> Emilien, I think it's also worth noting which projects you intend to make
> these changes to? Just "core" projects + projects that tripleO uses (heat +
> ironic) + projects that have burned you in the past (OSC)? Or do you plan on
> covering all projects?

Not all projects, but those in which we had some breakages over the
last 6 months. We think installers can bring useful feedback to these
projects.

> Finding a balance between not enough testing, and overusing infra resources
> is tricky, we should only aim for high value targets like the ones listed
> above. I can't imagine this being run on all check jobs everywhere.

Right, we don't want to waste Infra resources, that's why I started
this discussion to see if it's really worth it and get the feedback
from our community.

Emilien Macchi