On Mon, 17 Oct 2016, Renat Akhmerov wrote:

If you are a developer, of course, PTG is an important event to
attend. But… Being a developer, I would also love to attend summits
also. For a bunch of reasons like catching up with the activities
wider than my current focus of development, participating in getting
user feedback and help clarifying possible misunderstanding of
technical things being discussed which makes feedback gathering
process more valuable (I believe that often users don’t know what
they want, at least, in details, we need to help them understand by
sharing our experience) etc. Also, for purely psychological reason I
think it’s very important for people who mostly focus on very
specific tasks to sometimes go and see events like an OpenStack
summit. From my experience, people often change their attitude to
their work when they see how many people are interested in what they
are working on in labs. And it’s almost impossible to find a better
way of getting that feeling of participating in something tremendous
than attending summits.

This. A thousand times this.

Summit is one of the few ways that I get to see the big picture and
that there are actual real people doing real things with OpenStack.

--
Chris Dent               ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)        https://anticdent.org/