On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 7:14 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlo...@fastmail.com>

>> This is exactly what we are planning to do.  Work is ongoing to add
>> to_json_schema
>> support for every VersionedObject field [1]. Then we would like to add a
>> small
>> tool to nova that makes it possible to generate the json schemas for the
>> versioned
>> notifications [2]. Meanwhile we continue to transform legacy
>> notifications to a versioned
>> format [3].
>> As soon as you have json schema you can find (or create) tools that
>> generate an object
>> model and a parser from the json schema of the notifications in any
>> modern language.
>> I hope this work in nova will servers as an example for other OpenStack
>> project and
>> in the end OpenStack will have well defined and easy to consume
>> notifications.
>> Any feedback on our plans are highly appreciated.
>> Cheers,
>> gibi
>> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/json-schema-for-ve
>> rsioned-object,n,z
>> [2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/json-schema-for-
>> versioned-notifications
>> [3] https://vntburndown-gibi.rhcloud.com/index.html
> Great! :)
> Any thoughts on the ideas/burndown for the other projects that emit events
> (aka, going and doing similar changes, is there a list of other projects
> that need to have changes, ie glance, neutron, keystone (I think))?
> -Josh
ironic just added notifications (like, the first notifications went in this
week). ironic believes in re-use and that there are smart people in
OpenStack, so it is mostly based on nova's work :) I don't have any other
thoughts on the matter at the moment...

(note, these are my opinions, not the ironic community's :))