On 9/30/2016 11:03 AM, Matthew Booth wrote:

I thought it was a counter-argument (unless I've misunderstood). If you
migrate the instance as-is without modification, you don't need to worry
about whether it's currently a rescue instance. This problem goes away.

The major complication I can think of is things which genuinely must
change during a migration, for example cpu pinning.

Matt

--
Matthew Booth

Phone: +442070094448 (UK)

I'm glad this already came up in this thread as I was just reviewing the re-proposal for this spec:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/347161/

There are other issues in the spec which is why I have a -1 on there, but I thought it was going directly against what Matt Booth is talking about doing wrt storing the guest xml so that we don't need to rely on the nova database when recreating a guest, like on reboot - which is exactly what that spec is proposing, just hard-reboot the live migrated guest on unrescue.

Matt Riedemann