From: Yujun Zhang [mailto:zhangyujun+...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2016 3:20 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: [ALU] [openstack-dev] [vitrage] datasource driver returns entities
only?

During the implementation of static datasource driver[1], I got a question on
the return format of `get_all` method.

If I understand correctly, it should return a list of entities to be sent to
the queue. Does it infer that the relationship should be embedded in entity,
just like the legacy static_physical datasource?

Suppose a link between two switches are created, how should we emit this change
in `get_all` or `get_changes`?

Currently I made a compromise by emitting the relationship as an update of the
connected entity. This is not very elegant and it seems we are going back to
the legacy static_physical datasource.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/405354/
--
Yujun