On 12/16/2016 2:20 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

For problems with placing data like this as configuration options, see
the hassle we went through in making the allocation_ratio options into
fields stored in the DB...

Better long-term to have all this kind of configuration live in a data
store (not a config file) and be exposed via an HTTP API.

So, we could do that, we already have the quota_classes table and the os-quota-class-sets REST API, and as mentioned the only usable thing that goes in there is overriding global default quota.

Would you suggest we drop the global quota limit configuration options and simply populate the quota_classes table with a 'default' quota class and the limits from the config in a DB migration, then drop the config options?

Matt Riedemann