From: Adam Heczko <ahec...@mirantis.com>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Ocata deployed on CentOS 7!
Date: Fri, Jan 20, 2017 12:44 AM

Major, thanks for sharing this!

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Major Hayden <ma...@mhtx.net> wrote:
On 01/19/2017 10:04 AM, Adam Heczko wrote:
> BTW are you implying that Ubuntu LTS is unstable or not stable enough to run OpenStack?
> I think that it would be valuable if you could share more details in this regard, point to Ubuntu specific bugs etc.

Hey Adam,

One of the bigger issues (as Ian noted) is a performance regression[0] that seems to impact Ansible[1] heavily. That one is being worked now.

I have a scratch sheet of some things that are broken in 16.04.1 that I still need to open bugs for:

  * Xenial installer fails if server is UEFI capable, but
    the installer is run in legacy mode

  * 14.04 to 16.04 upgrades on UEFI capable servers fail if
    14.04 was installed in legacy/BIOS mode

  * systemd-networkd 229 has a bug where bridges can't have a
    VLAN interface attached

  * Kernel panics on Dell PowerEdge R710 when the server is fairly
    loaded with LXC containers

I'm still working on reducing some of these bugs down into something tangible but I hope to do that soon.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python2.7/+bug/1638695
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-ansible/+bug/1637494

--
Major Hayden