Hi!

I would like to submit my candidacy to return as PTL of the Release
Management team for the Pike cycle.

You may remember me as the release manager from Bexar to Grizzly, and
PTL of the Release Management team from Havana to Liberty. I'd like to
thank Doug Hellmann for his service as PTL from Mitaka to Ocata. Under
his leadership, the Release Management team transformed from an artisan
shop into a highly efficient and scalable factory. His focus on writing
down everything and introducing automation everywhere will make the work
of succeeding him easier than ever. But we always wanted to introduce
regular PTL rotation in the team, so Doug won't run again, and for Pike
I volunteer to take back that baton.

I would personally prefer to let someone else take it (and would love to
see other election candidates for this role !), but during this cycle we
probably failed to grow new members who would want to take over team
leadership. People with interest in cross-project functions like Release
Management and time to dedicate to it are a rare resource those days.

If elected, my plan is to:

- continue in the direction set by Doug toward more self-service
automation around Release Management, and focus the team on providing a
framework, advice and last-minute sanity checks before tagging releases.

- anticipate changes that we may need to do to accommodate the
introduction of new programming languages.

- add a few new members in the team, to grow the set of people able to
participate in a PTL rotation scheme in the future.

Thanks for reading until the last line!

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)