Since the consensus is to fix this with a new microversion, I've
submitted some patches:

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/426030/
  A spec for the new microversion in case folks want one.

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/424759/
  The new microversion itself. I've already had feedback from Alex and
Ghanshyam (thanks guys!), and I've tried to address it.

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/425876/
  A patch to - as Alex and Sean suggested - stop passing plain string
version to the schema extension point.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Matt Riedemann <mriede...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/24/2017 8:16 PM, Alex Xu wrote:
>>

>>     One other thing: we're going to need to also fix this in
>>     python-novaclient, which we might want to do first, or work
>>     concurrently, since that's going to give us the client side
>>     perspective on how gross it will be to deal with this issue.
>>

> This is Andrey's patch to at least document the limitation:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/424745/
>
> We'll have to fix the client to use the new microversion in Pike (or at
> least release the fix in Pike) since the client release freeze is Thursday.
>

> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Riedemann

Artom Lifshitz