On Mon, Jul 9, 2018, at 3:31 AM, Rikimaru Honjo wrote:
> Hello Clark,
>
> Thank you for your information.
> But, sorry, I have some additional questions.
>
> On 2018/07/07 1:11, Clark Boylan wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 6, 2018, at 1:49 AM, Rikimaru Honjo wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'd like to add a third party CI of networking-spp project.[1]
> >> But, I have some question about it.
> >> I'd appreciate it if you give information.
> >>
> >> My wishes are the following:
> >>
> >> * I'd like to run my test on my environment.
> >>     Because my test requires special environment.
> >> * I'm planning that check new patch-sets and run my test by ZuulV3.
> >>
> >> So I built ZuulV3 and nodepool on my environment, and pushed .zuul.yaml
> >> to gerrit.[2]
> >>
> >> But, the following error was returned.
> >> Should I add settings of my third party CI to project-config in this case?
> >> If it is "Yes", is there documents about the way?
> >>
> >> I confirmed
> >> <https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/third_party.html>,
> >> but there was no information for ZuulV3.

> >> [1]
> >> https://github.com/openstack/networking-spp
> >>
> >> [2]
> >> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580561/1
> >
> > The Zuul config in the projects that OpenStack Infra hosts apply to the
> > OpenStack Zuul instance. Certain aspects of this config must be defined in
> > a trusted repo to protect this instance from unintended (or even malicious)
> > updates in the repos we host. The error you ran into is a case of this.
> >
> > In particular pipelines define when and how zuul should run jobs so we
> > don't want anyone to be able to update that without review in central
> > trusted config.
> >
> > As for how to do this for third party CI, your Zuul would need to have its
> > own trusted config (for the same reasons as above, but protecting your Zuul
> > instance not ours). That config will have pipelines defined. If the project
> > is comfortable with it you can define the jobs and playbooks and roles for
> > third party CI in the upstream project. Then you would select to run those
> > jobs in your Zuul's local config and report the results back to Gerrit from
> > there.
>
> In this case, should I add a part of my settings to openstack-infra/
> project-config?

No you will need to host your own trusted repo.

> > Or if the upstream project wants to keep that data out of tree you can
> > configure all of it in your Zuul config locally. One drawback to hosting
> > the job config upstream would be that changes to the job config can be made
> > without gating them and ensuring that they work (because third party CI can
> > only vote +/-1). This problem is likely less of an issue if reviewers
> > respect the third party CI results.
>
> In this case, should I put config-projects on local environment and
> report the test results to review.openstack.org?
> But, in my understanding, "config-projects" in tenant.yaml should be put
> under the source of the connection which is the target of reporting.
> If my understanding is correct, I think that config-projects can not be
> prepared locally.

It can be prepared locally using the git driver,
https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/admin/drivers/git.html . This is probably the
simplest way to start then you can consider hosting your config on a Gerrit or
Github at a later time. Chances are if this is a simple setup that the git
driver may work long term.