Hi,

I would like to deploy OpenStack (newton) on multiple management, overlay and vlan/uplink l3 networks, thanks to Openstack-Ansible. In other words, I would like to deploy Openstack on multiple compute and controller nodes that are on different subnets, assuming I do the routing configuration to permit to management network 1 to communicate with management network n, overlay network 1 to overlay network n, etc...

I attached a sample schema to illustrate my statement.

To sum up, in this case a compute or controller node which is on management network 10.0.1.0/24 via br-mgmt can communicate with br-mgmt of another compute node on management network 10.1.1.0/24. The same is true from overlay network 10.0.2.0/24 to overlay network 10.1.2.0/24, etc...

Am I wrong if I understand that OSA is designed to handle only 1 mangement subnet, 1 overlay subnet, etc... (storage subnet, ...) ?

During my tests, specifying compute hosts in different networks, in openstack_user_config.yml, results in the apparently correct setup of the compute host "compute3" (Having previously setup correct static route on each hypervisors):

compute_hosts:
  compute1:
    ip: 10.0.1.4
  compute2:
    ip: 10.0.1.5
  compute3:
    ip: 10.1.1.4

However, how to deal with it in cidr_networks: ? (I assume I can't now). During my tests, an example of what's lacking was that I had to manually configure static routes in the neutron_agents_container lxc provisionned by OSA.

Is that kind of deployment possible ? If not possible, is this or could this be in the roadmap of the project ?

Thanks,

Benoit Petit