Hello,

On 2016-11-17 11:52, Jean-Philippe Evrard wrote:
Hello,

I’ll start by answering the last questions: “Is that kind of
deployment possible? If not possible, is this or could this be in the
roadmap of the project?”

It’s been a while that we discussed the limitations of the
user-friendliness of our inventory. So, yes it’s part of our long
term road map, and we discussed it at the summit.

I don’t expect the inventory to be radically changed in this cycle.

Okay. That's not a problem itself for me. My concerns are only about the resulting network configuration.

However…

I think (never tried) it’s technically possible to do what you are
asking for. But it’s gonna involve a few hacks in the inventory.

That's what I thought (based on my previous tests). The question is for me: are those hacks going to be problem in a production environment ?

This is worth a complete conversation on the channel, because it’s
hard to fully understand your requirements with a brief email.

I will. Thanks for the advice.

Anyway, let me give you some hints…

- You could technically assign whatever IP you require in your
compute/controller nodes, as long as they are properly ssh reachable
from your deploy node.

Yes, it works.

- I think you could define many cidr_networks, and change the
ip_from_q per site (instead of having global_overrides, you’d have
to define override per host/group of hosts)

I'll test that one.

- Wherever you place your load balancer, make sure it’s reachable
from everywhere.

- Please keep in mind that you most likely (depending on your
multicast routing configuration?) won’t be able to use haproxy +
keepalived co-located on your controller nodes, because we are using
multicast for VRRP. That means that if you have another load balancer,
or are ready to configure keepalived and haproxy differently, you
could do it.

- It’s already possible to inject routes for containers in OSA:

https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-lxc_container_create/blob/master/templates/debian-interface.cfg.j2#L18-L20
[1]

Nice !

A simpler approach would be to build overlays between the sites. It
completely depends on your environment/requirements.

Hope it helps.

It does. Thank you ! And see you on the irc channel !

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)
-------------------------
 Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company
registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington
Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy
policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy -
This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information
intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying
of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at
ab...@rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation
is appreciated.

Links:
------