I also agree.   Just to be clear thought, we should make a distinction between
internal API (devAPI) that's used by the developers of that particular service
and the management API that may be used by an operator of a service OR by an
orchestration service and is a proper "OpenStack API" with versioning etc.

-jOrGe W.