There have been numerous mailing list discussions about common auth methods.  I
feel like we end up devolving into theoretical discussions at some point, and I
find it hard to evaluate different approaches without example code.  Termie,
Jesse, Paul Voccio, and I had a discussion in person the other day about a
possible common implementation for auth.

Rationale: Openstack components need a common solution for Authentication
(authn) and Authorization (authz). Mailing list discussions tend to devolve
into hypotheticals, so we decided to put together a proposal and prototype, so
we all see the proposed system in action.

We decided to go ahead and implement a prototype.  Furhter information
available here:

http://plansthis.com/auth

It includes instructions for trying out the sample code if you so desire.
Hopefully this will help us take some steps forward towards a shared auth
system.

Vish