Thanks!  I have to say tho that we mostly started by coding, then tried to
capture what worked as a prototype.

We might be able to use the instance_metadata table for the xpu_info, cpu_info,
and net_info fields instead of json strings (although cpu_info was put in by
live_migration merge), but our ArchitectureScheduler component needs to filter
instances on cpu_arch, xpu_arch, and net_arch fields when summing the consumed
resources.  Basically, we need to find a box that has N vcpus of a given
architecture, and/or M accelerators in addition in addition to memory and disk
(and virtualization).  This is a much more efficient query I think from inside
instances.  A sub-select through metadata would be bad.

The scheduler really needs a lot of work to be scalable.  If I understand how
SimpleScheduler works, it assumes every compute node in your system has the
same number of cores!

ArchitectureScheduler is comparing vcpus to vcpus_used in compute_nodes table
to find resources, although I am concerned our approach might induce a race
condition.

Brian

Brian Schott
bfsch...@gmail.com