On Oct 21, 2011, at 3:16 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> On 10/20/2011 04:55 PM, Dave Walker wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 03:06:53PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>>> I've found my way through https://github.com/openstack, and I'm
>>> happy to see that mostly everything is there now. However, I've
>>> found still missing:
>>>
>>> - python-novaclient
>>> - the debian folder for packaging files (there's no branch for that
>>> either)
>>>
>>> Is there any plan to fix this?
>>
>> I'm not sure this is a core project as yet.  Currently it's developed
>> on https://github.com/rackspace/python-novaclient .
>
> Best, IMHO, would be to maintain python-novaclient directly inside the
> nova project, since this way we can do a version depend.

This issue came up at the Essex design summit. As I recall from that session,
the argument against maintaining novaclient inside the nova repository was that
it would complicate the novaclient Python (PyPI) packaging.

I don't recall what was finally decided about this.

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein, Computer Scientist
USC Information Sciences Institute