On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 11:07 -0800, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
>  * create nova/volume/tests
>  * move all scheduler-related tests (there are several) from
> nova/tests into nova/volume/tests
>  * break out tests on a per-module basis (e.g., nova/volume/driver.py
> would get the test module nova/volume/tests/test_driver.py, etc.)
>  * for modules that have already been broken out at a more
> fine-grained level, keep (smaller test case modules are nice!)
>  * only nova/*.py files will have a test case module in nova/tests
>  * bonus: update the test runner to print the full dotted path so it's
> immediately (and visually) clear where one has to go to address any
> failures
>
> Given approval, this work would be done in its own blueprint. All this
> work would be done in small chunks (probably one branch per module) so
> that it will be easy to review and adjust the approach as needed.
>
> Thoughts?

I like this. It paves the way being able to break nova up into smaller
inter-changeable packages. My only hesitation is stubs and fakes
sharing.

I don't want to bring up the unit vs func test debate again, but
currently if a change happens on one side of the rpc layer, there is
*hopefully* only one fake/stub set to change. If each module contains
it's own set of tests, I worry that each module will start having their
own set of fakes which will have to be updated. (I know this is already
the case in many places, but hopefully we are all working on fixing
that, right...? ;)

TS;DR Is Bueno! I'm lazy.

Happy Hacking!

7-11