On Apr 12, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:28:21 -0500
> Anne Gentle <a...@openstack.org> wrote:
>
>> keystone --token 012345SECRET99TOKEN012345 --endpoint
>> http://192.168.206.130:35357/v2.0 endpoint-create \
>> [....]
>>                       --internalurl
>> http://192.168.206.130:8774/v2/$(tenant_id)s
>>
>> I haven't fixed this yet because I'm not sure if the $(tenant_id)s is
>> literal or which tenant_id specifically to use (the Service tenant for the
>> adminurl possibly)?
>
> The expression "$(tenant_id)s" is really contained inside the pattern
> in the database. It is substituded with a specific tennant ID when
> an application makes its request. The weird syntax is inherited from
> Python, where one can use constructs like %s or %(key)s.

My understanding (based on somebody's previous answer in the mailing list, or
possibly one of the IRC channels) was that you could only do this with the
template backend, and when you were using the database backend you had to
explicitly add endpoints for each tenant that needed to talk to the API.

Can you confirm that you can use the $(tenant_id)s syntax when the backend is
set using the following keystone.conf entry:

[catalog]
driver = keystone.catalog.backends.sql.Catalog

Take care,

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein