On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:33:38 -0400
Lorin Hochstein <lo...@nimbisservices.com> wrote:

> My understanding (based on somebody's previous answer in the mailing list,
> or possibly one of the IRC channels) was that you could only do this with
> the template backend, and when you were using the database backend you had
> to explicitly add endpoints for each tenant that needed to talk to the API.
>
> Can you confirm that you can use the $(tenant_id)s syntax when the backend
> is set using the following keystone.conf entry:
>
> [catalog]
> driver = keystone.catalog.backends.sql.Catalog

The thought that the substitution may not work never occured to me.
I have the following in keystone.conf:

[catalog]
# dynamic, sql-based backend (supports API/CLI-based management commands)
driver = keystone.catalog.backends.sql.Catalog
template_file = /etc/keystone/default_catalog.templates

# static, file-based backend (does *NOT* support any management commands)
#driver = keystone.catalog.backends.templated.TemplatedCatalog
#template_file = ./etc/default_catalog.templates

And I run the following command as a part of re-population script:

## Without proxy:
#$keystone endpoint-create --region RegionOne --service_id $SSID \
#        --publicurl 'http://kvm-rei.zaitcev.lan/v1/AUTH_$(tenant_id)s' \
#        --adminurl 'http://kvm-rei.zaitcev.lan/v1.0/' \
#        --internalurl 'http://kvm-rei.zaitcev.lan/v1/AUTH_$(tenant_id)s'
# With SSL proxy at kvm-san:
$keystone endpoint-create --region RegionOne --service_id $SSID \
        --adminurl 'http://kvm-rei.zaitcev.lan/v1.0/' \
        --publicurl 'https://kvm-san.zaitcev.lan/v1/AUTH_$(tenant_id)s' \
        --internalurl 'http://kvm-rei.zaitcev.lan/v1/AUTH_$(tenant_id)s'

Everything seems to work. Also see Yong-Sheng's message about
the source code.

-- Pete